Giulia Super 1600 En...

Its been over 9 months since I last posted an update on my Giulia Super restoration. Yes, progress has been slow, but it must be remembered this is on a shoestring budget and tasks only get completed after I sell some excess part that I have to fund it! I have been collecting the parts for my...

Alloy Engine Parts V...

I’ve been sorting a few smaller bits out as I get ready to fill the engine bay back up. I had the Bonaldi booster rebuilt. A few little tweaks there that I will post about later. But as for some more photos, here are my engine components looking lovely and clean! I had them vapour...

Dynamat Installed

The carpet is now in. I also needed to install some sound and heat proofing on the floor pans since I had removed the factory stuff in able to coat the floors with a sufficient covering that would give me piece of mind with rust protection. I used POR-15 a couple of years ago and it is doing...

Assembly Begins #01

I had a bit of an epic day at the body shop working on my doors. I now have winding windows and locking doors! I still need to shimmy the rears a bit further back to get the gaps better and latching nicely, but it was nice putting all the new bits on. Boot and bonnet on, (bonnet sits up as I...

All Painted!

everything is now painted. Due to the nature of my car taking up valuable space on the shop floor I have to get it out of there next week some time so a bit of big Saturday for me to get all the glass and door seals etc on, then it is off to my place. I sorta wish I’d put all the zip...

Final Primer

Getting soooo close to paint now. Very exciting   Bit more sanding and the like to go and on goes the paint! I doubt the body was prepped as well as this out of the factory so it is nice to know that this should last me for a while hopefully. All those years of neglect in Nimbin have been...

Shiny Bits

When you have a new paint job it makes everything else look dirty and old so to help remedy the problem I had a bucket of bolts zinc plated. What went in as a filthy pile of screws, bolts and washers , came back in lovely, clean and shiny condition! $60 well spent. They charge by the barrel...

Test Fitting

We began test fitting some parts this week. Bumpers fit great, and around the front grille is getting there. The tolerances are pretty minimal with these early full width grilles and having a two piece centre heart adds a bit more complexity when it comes to bonnet alignment and adjusting the...

Tidy buckets

I’ve been tidying up the headlights over the last couple of evenings. I’m glad I had a few spares as there were bent buckets, cross-threaded screws, missing seals etc so I had my trusty parts manual to show me what bits I should have. Always bear in mind my car is to be a daily...

Page 1 of 3123